- Alcohol Deterrents Clinical Trials
- Analgesics, Narcotic Clinical Trials
- Analgesics, Non-narcotic Clinical Trials
- Anti-allergic Agents Clinical Trials
- Anti-arrhythmia Agents Clinical Trials
- Anti-dyskinesia Agents Clinical Trials
- Anti-infective Agents Clinical Trials
- Anti-inflammatory Agents Clinical Trials
- Anti-obesity Agents Clinical Trials
- Anticoagulants Clinical Trials
- Anticonvulsants Clinical Trials
- Antiemetics Clinical Trials
- Antihypertensive Agents Clinical Trials
- Antilipemic Agents Clinical Trials
- Antineoplastic Agents Clinical Trials
- Antisickling Agents Clinical Trials
- Antitussive Agents Clinical Trials
- Blood Substitutes Clinical Trials
- Bone Density Conservation Agents Clinical Trials
- Cardiotonic Agents Clinical Trials
- Central Nervous System Stimulants Clinical Trials
- Channel Blockers Clinical Trials
- Coagulants Clinical Trials
- Dermatologic Agents Clinical Trials
- Fibrinolytic Agents Clinical Trials
- Gastrointestinal Agents Clinical Trials
- Hematinics Clinical Trials
- Hypnotics And Sedatives Clinical Trials
- Hypoglycemic Agents Clinical Trials
- Micronutrients Clinical Trials
- Muscle Relaxants, Central Clinical Trials
- Narcotic Antagonists Clinical Trials
- Natriuretic Agents Clinical Trials
- Neuroprotective Agents Clinical Trials
- Nitric Oxide Donors Clinical Trials
- Nootropic Agents Clinical Trials
- Ntral Nervous System Depressants Clinical Trials
- Platelet Aggregation Inhibitors Clinical Trials
- Psychotropic Drugs Clinical Trials
- Renal Agents Clinical Trials
- Reproductive Control Agents Clinical Trials
- Respiratory System Agents Clinical Trials
- Rheumatic Agents Clinical Trials
- Vasoconstrictor Agents Clinical Trials
- Vasodilator Agents Clinical Trials
cefixime Clinical Trials
Listings Sponsored By:
Mucopurulent cervicitis (MPC) is a syndrome with associated symptoms including mucopurulent discharge (mucus and pus) from the cervix and other signs of inflammation such as easily induced cervical bleeding. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of no [more...] treatment versus empiric treatment with a single dose of cefixime and azithromycin for cure of MPC. Empiric treatment is the initiation of treatment prior to a firm diagnosis. Study participants will include 772 women ages 18 and older in good health with MPC. Women will be randomly assigned to 1 of 2 possible study groups: Group 1 will receive a single dose of cefixime and azithromycin antibiotics and Group 2 will receive placebo (inactive substance). Study procedures will include pelvic examination with a cervical swab sample. Participants will be involved in study related procedures for approximately 2 months, which includes 3 study visits.
Status: Recruiting Start Date: March 2010 Completion Date: December 2011
RATIONALE: Biological therapies such as VNP20009 use different ways to stimulate the immune system and stop cancer cells from growing. PURPOSE: Phase I trial to study the effectiveness of VNP20009 in treating patients who have advanced or metastatic solid [more...] tumors that have not responded to previous therapy.
Status: Completed Start Date: August 1999 Completion Date:
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as irinotecan and temozolomide, work in different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die. Temozolomide may help irinotecan kill more tumor cells by making them more sensitive to the drug. [more...] Cefixime may be effective in preventing diarrhea that is caused by treatment with irinotecan. PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects and best dose of irinotecan when given together with temozolomide and cefixime in treating young patients with recurrent or resistant neuroblastoma.
Status: Completed Start Date: May 2004 Completion Date:
Clinical trials allow volunteers access to medical treatment options before they are available to the general public. Participants often receive the best healthcare available for their condition.
Risks are a reality, however, and may include more frequent doctor visits, health risks (possibly life-threatening), and/or the treatment being ineffective. Trials are federally regulated with strict guidelines to protect participants.
cefixime Clinical Trials Information presented on ClinicalTrialsSearch.org is not intended to be a substitute for qualified medical advice visit or treatment with a real physician. We are not physicians. Always consult with a medical doctor (MD). ClinicalTrialsSearch.org is a website dedicated to listing clinical research studies in human subjects, including those specifically related to cefixime. Clinical research trials and medical trials take place in hundreds of cities across the United States. A clinical trial or clinical study is a research project with human volunteer subjects. Clinical drug trials and pharmaceutical clinical trials generally measure the effectiveness of new treatments and drugs. The purpose of the studies is to answer specific human health questions. Clinical trials are a popular way for doctors, government agencies, and private sector companies to find treatments for all kinds of conditions. Clinical trials allow volunteers access to medical treatment options before they are available to the general public. Many times the participants receive treatment for free, and sometimes they are paid for their time. Participants often receive the best healthcare available possible for their condition. Risks are a reality, however, and may include more frequent doctor visits, health risks (possibly life-threatening), and/or the treatment being ineffective. U.S. - based cefixime studies are federally regulated with strict guidelines to protect patients.
There are a number of clinical trials underway to find effective treatments for diabetes, including new drugs, surgery and even transplantation.
There are several current and ongoing trials of interventions for major depressive disorder, which is characterized by a disabling combination of symptoms causing severe disruption to the sufferer's ability to carry out routine functions and tasks of daily life.
Constipation is a illness where the bowels cannot move waste material out of the body in a normal manner. There are various clinical trials recruiting participants to study the effectiveness of various treatments.